Friday, August 14, 2009

We are ALIVE :)

We are alive for those of you that have asked...just very busy. Our summer is coming to an end soon so we are tiring to enjoy every last day of it. Blake has been busy remodeling a house here for a family in our Ward. Also he was so excited to get his Truck running that has been sitting for a year due to the heads getting blown in the engine ( I think that's what happened??).

I feel like I have been so busy but when it comes time to tell what I have been up to I feel like I have accomplished nothing...Do any of you ever feel that way?? Anyways, I know I have busy with Karlee and getting her ready to go to Kindergarten. Also the families in the ward always keep me busy with haircuts and colors so they can look good when they go back to school, which I love!

Karlee is sad to see the summer go but she knows she gets to go to Kindergarten in a few days. I am nervous about sending her off to school since this is my first one leaving. Schools here have all day Kindergarten so she will go at 7:40ish and finish at 2:40ish. She is very excited to learn and make new friends at her new school.

Macy's had her ups and downs these past few weeks, she is such a strong and brave little girl. She got an infection on her bum last weekend and got it got really bad really fast, so we took her in to the doc. to have it looked at. Her doc. said that it needed to be surgically drained!! :( That afternoon we took her to a surgeon so he could decide when to do it... 1 hour later we were at the hospital awaiting surgery. The Surgery only took about 20-25mins and they made 2 incisions on her bum so it could drain....they packed the inside of the incision with medication to help it heal from the inside. I stayed with her at the Hospital that night and we got to return home the next morning. It is always hard to see your children suffering but thanks to a worthy husband that holds the priesthood he is always able to comfort us.

Macy is doing great now, we have to pull out 3 inches of the medicated gaze twice a day and I don't have the stomach to do it so Blake is the one with the iron stomach one so he is able to do it. Other than all of our ups and down with everything we are still very much alive here and hope that all is Fabulous with you and your Families :)

5 comments:

State of Grace said...

We missed you today!! Cara and I ran a 'two women' show today in primary and we missed you terribly! I'm soo glad to hear that Macy is doing ok...when blake called Stephen on Wednesday, I just wanted to drop everything and check on my macy-girl! If you need anything (except to change the gauze...haha!) let me know! We are not far down the road, and would be happy to help!

~Naomi

Angel said...

good hearing from ya! and don't forget...you are prego

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Great update! Sorry about Macy's bum! Sounds painful! So the comment above mine says you are pregnant. That true? Congrats!!

Heather said...

I was starting to wonder about you! Jk. I'm glad you've been busy with haircuts and hooray for Blake getting his truck going. Funny how men create a bond with their vehicles sometimes isn't it? I'm sorry to hear about Macy's infection. That is no fun at all. At least she's little and after awhile won't remember this experience. What a great daddy she has! Good luck on Karlee's first day! I hope to be paying you a visit soon, literally lol. ;)

Tara said...

Poor Mace!!! Makes me queasy reading about you having to pull those out! WoW! Glad that you are Alive...I was beginning to wonder if you were!! what's this about you being prego...if you are and I didn't know yet!!!! Shoot me an email or IM sometime. Miss your buns!! Love ya woman!

~T~