Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A year ago today...(WARNING... kinda graphic pictures)

I found a lump on my neck one day and I was very worried that it was a tumor or something. So I went in to get it checked out. My Doctor ran some tests and it came back as a nodule on my thyroid that needed to be removed.
A month or so later I had surgery to have it removed and half of my thyroid. I didn't know it then but I guess Thyroid problems run in my family. (Yippee!) But everything went wonderful and now all I have to do is take a small pill every morning.
I had to go back in a few days later to get half the stitches removed. It felt so strange when the nurse was cutting the thread and pulled it out.


This is what my scar looks like today. I was so worried when my doctor told me how big the incision was going to be but I am very happy that you can barely see it now.

8 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Yowsa! That was a bit incision!! Looks awesome today and glad it was not cancer!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

That was supposed to say a big incision not a bit incision. Sheesh!

Shawn and Mish said...

Wow! It really looks good.It's always fun to have a good 'war-wound' story!

Tara said...

Looks awesome! I am glad that it healed so nicely! Got to love those thyroid problems! Miss ya tons woman! Talk to you soon! Luv ya!

Tara

Angel said...

Thank goodness it didn't turn into a bigger problem. Thyroid probs run all over my family too.

Alicia Alee said...

Was that you?!! I never heard anything about that! I actually couldn't read what you wrote on this comp. - the black text is kind of hard to read on the brown -you can actually change your text color if u want to know how :) But wow, glad it is healing so nicely!!! You poor girl.

~*Heather*~ said...

Thank goodness for modern medicine! They can do amazing things these days.

State of Grace said...

Erica! where have you been?
I keep coming by your blog to see your cute girls (and you, of course!) and alas...no new posts!
well, at least i will console myself when i see you in Primary!