Monday, April 6, 2009

Clothing Designer during Confrence ; )

During the 2 hour break between Conference on Saturday I finally started on the skirt I have been tiring to make for Macy. First thing....I am not a sewer....people think I am but I am not. I like to just wing it and start cutting and sewing. I was only going to make a jean skirt but I had enough leftover material for a shirt too. This is the completed outfit :)

As I started to cut and sew I needed Macy to try them on but she was napping so...Karlee to the rescue. When she tired on the skirt it almost fell off of her so this then became Karlee's outfit. ( Macy will get it when Karlee grows out of it). The fabric that I had cut for a shirt for Macy wouldn't fit Karlee so I had to add some fabric in the front and the X ribbon for effect.
While working at Old Navy a shirt came in for the girls department and for the sleeves it had ribbon tied in a bow. I thought I could do that and plus it looked really cute.


Karlee wanted to keep it on for the rest of the day. That showed me that she liked it and it was comfortable for her. She was a good little Model for me while taking pictures :).


Every outfit has to have a bow with it. I had only enough ribbon to make one. I think this sewing stuff is pretty easy, I get all confused if I am using a pattern : ) Plus I had a great mom that was always sewing us Easter Dresses and Stuffed Care Bears when we were little. Love U mom U taught me how to be a ?????? Sewer ;) . ( U can fill in the ??????)

9 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

I love that skirt Erica!! How did you make it?? I'd love to make one for my girls!!

Tara said...

Awesome job! it looks very cute...i love the sleeves! super cute model to!

Luv Ya!
~Tara~

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Very nice!! Well done! I could never do that!

Becki and the boys said...

You are amazing and so are your creations. I hope my lack of skills does not take away from my compliment. (Of course it should though) All joking aside those are really cute! Love ya!!!!!!!

Springer Family said...

Cute what a creative person you are.

State of Grace said...

Adorable, woman!
who knew you had so many talents!?!

have fun hiding easter eggs today. I think i stuffed a million last night! haha

Alicia Alee said...

Oh my gosh, that is so darn cute!! I love the criss-cross effect on the top and the ribbon straps! You did a great job ~ and the bow looks so great too!

Michelle said...

You did such a good job!!!
and you can't sew....

Logan Family said...

OK, next craft night, you are SO sharing your hair-bow making secrets. Cute bows, and very cute little girls. Love the pics!